Hospital Handrail Used in Corridor
There are many people with limited mobility in the hospital, such as the elderly, patients with foot injuries and weakness, pregnant women, children, etc. To reduce the risk of harm to people, handrails have become necessary in hospital corridors.
Together with its bright appearance, the handrail combines practical function and decorative function in one.
What is a hospital handrail
Hospital handrail, also known as anti-collision handrail, is widely used in hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare places. It can assist personnel in walking and protect walls effectively. A complete set of handrails includes elbow, PVC panels, aluminum base, brackets, and screws.
The handrail panel is made of PVC material, which is wear-resistant, corrosion-resistant, antibacterial, and easy to clean. It adopts a circular arc shape designed to meet human mechanics requirements, and it feels comfortable. The panel’s width is 140mm and 159mm, and the popular colors are blue, green, red, and wood color, colors can be custom-made.
The interior base is aluminum material, which has high rigidity and strength to meet the requirements of support and anti-collision. This material is resistant to aging, corrosion, and antibacterial, which ensures a long service life. The thickness of aluminum is 1.2mm, 1.4mm, 1.6mm, 1.8mm, 2.0mm.
Characteristics of handrails
- Wear resistance: antibacterial, flame retardant, anti-oxidation
- Anti-collision: protect the wall from impact
- Auxiliary: Weak people, patients, etc. can grasp and facilitate walking, ensuring safety
- Decorative: Bright colors, can change the monotonous design of the wall to make it look more beautiful
Installation of handrails
To make the visual decorativeness better after the installation of the hospital handrail, the wall’s flatness error within 2 square meters should not exceed 3mm, and the wall has no cracks or water seepage. The wall can be installed after meeting the requirements.
- Connect the test setting rope to the wall to determine the installation position of the base.
- Fix the aluminum base on the wall with screws.
- Adjust and fix the elbows with screws at both ends of the aluminum alloy base.
- Snap the handrail buffer belt onto the aluminum base. Then, snap the decorative buckles of the aluminum elbows into the anti-collision buffer belt.
- If the wall is hollow bricks, it is necessary to strengthen the base of the wall’s firmness.